Is it right for me?
You need to decide if the Collaborative Process is right for you. If you can answer yes to some of the following questions then you should consider the Collaborative Process for your divorce.
- Are you willing to commit energy toward creative problem solving rather than finger-pointing and revenge?
- Do you want to try to avoid the significant legal fees associated with litigation?
- Do you want to try to avoid the stress and public embarrassment of going to court?
- Do you recognize that your relationship with each other will not end with divorce?
- Are you and your spouse willing to hire and work with lawyers trained in the Collaborative Family Law process?
- Do you want to solve your own problems rather than letting a stranger do it for you?
- Are you and your spouse willing to sign a contract agreeing that your Collaborative Family Lawyers will not go to court except as necessary to enter agreements or orders?
- Do you value a negotiated settlement that meets your and your children's needs now and in the future?
- Do you desire to have your interests and concerns heard and respected by your spouse, and are you willing to hear your spouse's interests and concerns, and treat them with respect?